Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Definitive Book on the Visual Genre of Steampunk

                                      

"The Art of Steampunk". As seen recently seen on CBS "Sunday Morning" and the History Channel's "Modern Marvels". Written by exhibition curator and master Steampunk artist, Art Donovan (from Fox Chapel Publishers). This is the official Oxford Museum Exhibition Journal. It's a lush photographic compilation of the eighteen world-renown Steampunk artists and designers who composed the world's first museum exhibition of the genre.

The Art of Steampunk is available Here on Amazon!
 Steampunk Lighting and Design Website

Coming this May, 2013.  
The Second Edition of "The Art of Steampunk" 
Extending the artistic reach of the first edition, this book will feature some of the  most influential artists working in the genre today. By Art Donovan from Fox Chapel Publishing, US.




3 comments:

  1. congratz. I'm glad I can ordered it online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I love having books like this around for inspiration.

    I just happened across this blog by accident and I'm glad I did. Is the steampunk museum open to the public? Not that I'll be in Oxford any time soon, but if I am in the future it's on my to-do list.

    Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Mark and Ohmz, It only took me nine years to reply. Thank you for your kind words. I hope you enjoyed the book and that perhaps it help inspire your participation in this wonderful, kind and creative genre.

    Be Well, Prof. Art Donovan

    ReplyDelete